Subscribe:

Thursday 22 March 2012

Laura's Essentials For Exams

This won't be you...why is he studying? He's 5..
It's just about that time of year again, folks! Exam time. All about stress, little sleep, and well, general moodiness. But everyone, relax! Whether it's your first university exam or your last, they can be stressful, I'm not going to lie, but you don't need to go overboard. Remember to study, ask questions if you need to, and be confident in yourself! Easy! If you need a little extra studying encouragement, below are my personal top five essentials for studying and who knows, maybe they'll help you too.


My top five essentials for exam prep:

Music: This one is a hit-or-miss with people. Some people need dead quiet while studying and music can just be plain distracting. But if you're like me, a little relaxing studying music playing in the background can't hurt. Pro-tip: Every year I make an "Exam Jams" playlist on iTunes. Iron & Wine  makes an appearance every year.

The perfect study space: Whether it is your favourite nook in the library or sprawled out on the floor in your room, the perfect study space can really make all the difference. It's very important to keep your study space organized, not overwhelming, and clear of any distractions! Pro-tip: In addition to my "to-do" list, I keep a "to-do" and "done" pile of books/notes etc. in my study space.

Sweatpants: Yes, sweatpants are on my list. I can't tell you how a comfy pair of pants makes all of the difference when studying... or even when you're writing the exam itself. Pro-tip: By "sweatpants," I mean Roots sweatpants. Really, is there any other way to go?
Hahaha!

Tea: Tea has the great triple threat to it of caffeine, stress-relieving elements, and health benefits. If you feel that you've had too much caffeine for one day, simmer down, and have a cup of herbal tea or rooibos. (It doesn't have caffeine!) (I'll stop before this turns into a blog post about tea.) Tea not your thing? We can't be friends....haha, joking. But remember to keep hydrated. Pro-tip: David's Tea & Teaopia are heaven. 

Breaks: Do not feel guilty about taking a break from studying. I don't mean study for five minutes and then have a Lord of the Rings marathon or anything, I mean a solid 15 minute break after an hour of studying. Or maybe study in the morning, go out in the afternoon, and get back at it in the evening. Pro-tip: Going outside for breaks are the best.

Now, to take my own advice....

What are some of your exam studying tips? 

1 comment:

S said...

SO GOOD. So true. All of it. Awesome.

Post a Comment