Subscribe:

Friday 27 April 2012

Laura's Summer Plans

First and foremost, my summer plans are not as adventurous (or busy) as some people's....*cough* Juan *cough* but I'm still looking forward to some relaxation and summertime fun! During the beginning of the summer/now-ish, I've been working with the lovely people at Glendon recruitment for a very special project, coming soon, which will greatly benefit the Glendon class of 2016 folks! Other than that, my iCal is pretty much blank from May-August....haha

But really, I'll be going to concerts, meeting up with friends, writing for the Canadian music blog I help run, Grayowl Point , other blogs that I can get my hands on, and continually looking for a job!

True to my English Major self though, the most important thing I'll be doing this summer is....READING! Now that readings for school are out of the way, I'll finally be able to tackle my "to-read" pile! Here's a hint of what my summer reading list looks like:

  • "The Book of Negroes" - Lawrence Hill (Almost done!) 
  • The Hunger Games Trilogy - Suzanne Collins 
  • "Julie & Julia" - Julie Powell 
  • "The Game" - Ken Dryden 
  • "Tinker, Tailor, Solider, Spy" - John Le Carré
  • Game Of Thrones/ A Song of Ice and Fire Series - George R. R. Martin
What are YOU doing this summer? Most importantly, what are your summer reads? Leave a comment below or hit me up on Twitter or join the fun in our Glendon, Class of 2016 Facebook group. 

I'll leave you now with one of my favourite songs about summer - "Summer Skin" - Death Cab For Cutie -  



3 comments:

Juan Garrido said...

My reading list (assuming I find time with my adventures):
Yo - Ricky Martin
La Hojarasca - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Hunger Games- Suzanne Collins
Green - Ted Dekker
And then my Greek theatre anthologies: Sophocles, Aristophanes and Euripides
:)

It's A Wonder I Can Think At All said...

Wonderful Juan! We'll have to have a conversation about the Hunger Games when we're both done!

Life is Beautiful said...

Most homes today in warm climates have air conditioning, for some it is luxury while for many people it has become necessity. Air conditioner has become the main advantage to beat the heat and mostly in summer more people go for air conditioners. In Mumbai, the lifestyle has been changing rapidly as it is the business hub and with huge population people are craving for Air conditioners during summers.
Bay Area air conditioning

Post a Comment