Subscribe:

Thursday 13 October 2011

Hello and Welcome! (An Introductory Post)

Hello Glendoners, Glendonites......Glendonians?......People of Glendon past, present, and future!

My name is Laura Stanley, a third year student at Glendon and part of the awesome eAmbassador team.
If you're reading this blog, it probably means you are interested in going to Glendon. (Or you're my Mother who I told to read my blog) Well good, Glendon is awesome and everybody should be interested in going! Glendon is so much more than a pretty campus, although it is really pretty, and I hope I can let you know a little bit more about it.

As an introductory post, I thought that I would tell you a little bit about myself, my involvement at Glendon, and what you can expect for the future of this blog.

I'm currently working towards my bilingual BA with a Major in English and a Minor in Canadian Studies. People (my parents, their friends, people on the street etc.) often ask me what I want to do with this "Major in English and Minor in Canadian Studies." I'll be honest. I don't know. Someone once told me that in university, take what you like. So my response is always, "I like books and Canada so I put the two together."

I'm also currently the Music Industry Rep and a DJ for our amazing campus radio station, Radio Glendon and contributor to our bilingual newspaper, the Pro Tem, and York University newspapers, The Lexicon and The Excalibur.

What to expect from my blog: As an executive for Radio Glendon, expect Radio Glendon news and event updates. (Our launch is happening October 21st!) Also, as part of both the English and Canadian Studies faculties, there is always something going on which I hope to attend and share with all of you.

Well blog readers, that's it for now but expect weekly posts and weekly fun! For your enjoyment, please find one of my favourite songs, "You Can Call Me Al" by Paul Simon (Paul Simon is the love of my life) below.

If you have any questions about Glendon (or life!) feel free to ask me on Formspring (The link is on the right of the blog) or follow and ask me on Twitter (@laurastanleyGL)





--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shameless promotion:

I currently co-run an amazing Canadian music blog called Grayowl Point. 

You can also find me writing about music for Spill Magazine and in the Fall issue of Statement Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment